Operations Managers are responsible for the management of the overall operations of an organisation. These include essential labour management duties such as training new hires on quality and safety control measures. They also provide leadership to improve important policy and strategic decisions.
Their duties include overseeing high-level HR duties, conserving quality control and safety measures and analysing and improving organisational processes:
- Performing HR duties such as recruiting, selecting, scheduling, counselling and disciplining employees;
- Helping the company to promote high morale and communicate the company’s operating policies, customer issues and safety measures;
- Performing financial predictions by preparing the annual budgets, scheduling expenditures, analysing variance and initiating corrective actions;
- Developing operations policies by evaluating and enforcing policies for products and inventory receipts;
- Ensuring compliance with laws and regulations.
An Operations Manager in the UK earns an average salary of £ 40,000/45,000+ per year, depending on candidate’s experience, education and location.